Tue, May 22, 2012, 22:01 Leave a comment
For Singaporeans and tourists to our sunny island:
Random musings on life & adventures with Lego bricks
Fri, May 18, 2012, 00:11 1 Comment
I spent one of my happiest holidays in Disney World, so looking at the pics gave me a good vibe. Wish I can go and see the new store, but I’ll have to make do with some pics unfortunately…
The Lego Imagination Center in Downtown Disney has quietly reopened after closing in February and temporarily relocating to Island Charter’s former location. One of the original retailers at Downtown Disney that opened in 2001, the store was renovated and now reflects much more Disney flavor, especially outside. “As this store is over 10 years old, we felt it was time for a complete refresh and redesign,” said Amanda Santoro, spokeswoman at Lego Systems Inc.
The changes include:
- New Disney-themed outdoor scenes featuring characters such as Buzz Lightyear and Woody with RC; Belle in minifigure style, the Beast, Lumiere and Cogsworth; and Prince Phillip in minifigure style, his horse Samson, and Maleficent as a dragon.
- Indoor suspended scene featuring Aladdin and Jasmine in minifigure style, the Genie and the magic carpet.
- A relocated and bigger Pick a Brick wall.
- A new upper level with play areas.
- A new outside play area with a racing feature.
- Digital Box, an interactive kiosk that enables shoppers to see an assembled product on a screen.
The store will hold grand reopening events on Memorial Day weekend. “We’re doing a large scale community build – building the Lego Store mascot Brickley – and Disney is fully involved in the planning,” Santoro said.