Sat, January 29, 2011, 21:01 1 Comment
Saw this video some time ago… anyway here it is.
I’m looking forward to a visit to this theme park when it opens in 2012. You can also read about the model builders HERE or watch this really grainy video in Malay (but with English subtitles):
Still curious about model builders? I found the job description HERE, or you can read it after the break. With expected salary ranging from a relatively modest MYR2,500 (S$1,062) to MYR3,000 (S$1,270), it’s definitely not enticing enough for me to quit my day job… it’s only for Malaysians so I don’t qualify anyway.
Iskandar Investment Berhad (IIB), is assigned to promote and coordinate the overall development of Iskandar Malaysia – where living, entertainment, environment and business seamlessly converge within a bustling and vibrant metropolis. In collaboration with our subsidiary, IDR Resort Sdn Bhd (PDV of Iskandar Investment Berhad), we are seeking highly motivated individuals with dynamic aspirations to chart the success of transforming Iskandar Malaysia into an iconic hub of global stature.
Model Builder (LEGO Builder)
(Johor – Johor Bahru)
- Responsible to build 2D and 3D LEGO models including but not limited to miniature scale models and/or organic life sized models from supplied prototypes / diagrams or computer generated instructions within the allocated time to the best of their abilities.
- Communicate with the Lead Designer / Supervisor during the Model Brief and as questions or challenges arise.
- Responsible to coordinate with the Animation Technician on steel, audio, visual and mechanical needs for both static and animated models.
- Build complicated glued LEGO models in a timely and safe manner, following guidelines and training in production, techniques, documentation, standards and policies.
- Be in constant communication with the Lead Designer / Supervisor to make sure models meet expectations and requirements.
- Carry out inspection on glued models to ensure a sturdy, high quality, safe model that has everything it needs for installation to be completed.
- Responsible to photograph glued models and adds photos to project folders.
- Responsible to immediately identify safety concerns and manage it as well as to ensure that safety is the #1 priority.
- Ensure that all work areas are kept clean, neat and orderly at all times.
- Ensure that tools, machines and all other company equipment are kept clean and in good working order.
- Up to date on new techniques, LEGO parts and methods for LEGO model building.
- Attends weekly staff meetings for the purpose of directing, informing and training.
- All selected candidates will be sent for a 3 months fully paid training course in California, USA.
- Candidates must possess either SPM, Certificate Level or a Diploma in any field
- Candidates who graduated with an artistic educational background (e.g. creative arts, modeling, graphic design, animation, multimedia, architecture etc) would have an added advantage.
- Candidates must have a great interest in LEGO blocks and model building and must also have good knowledge of LEGO parts.
- Candidates who have previous experience and a keen interest in LEGO model building (architectural and/or sculptural) would be an added advantage.
- Candidates must possess basic computer knowledge.
- Candidates must possess good communication skills as well as the ability to give and receive constructive criticism and feedback.
- Must be able to work in a team, possess a positive attitude and must be able to react under pressure or in an emergency in a calm and rational manner.
- All applicants must also possess the following characteristics:
- – Strong focus
- – Good concentration
- – Good craftsmanship and handiwork
- – Patience
- – A vivid imagination
- – A sense of humour
- Candidates must have a valid driving license and possess a safe driving record.
- Candidates must be willing to travel locally and internationally for events, trainings, or installations.
- 15 Full-Time positions available.
- Applicants should be Malaysian citizens or hold relevant residence status.