Sun, February 13, 2011, 16:47
News of Hasbro’s new Transformer series of construction toys seem to be making quite a splash. I’d always thought it’ll be cool to have the Transformer toys in LEGO form… perhaps with Optimus Prime as a UCS set… sadly, it’s not to be since Hasbro has gotten the licence… the consolation? It’s LEGO bricks compatible so perhaps the Transformers will be visiting my LEGO town after all. 😛
Here are some pics and a summary of what to expect from this line:
- The new line called Kre-O that’s compatible with Lego blocks.
- The line will launch with 12 Transformers sets including Optimus Prime and Bumblebee.
- Each Transformer set comes with two sets of instructions so the same bricks build the vehicle version of the Transformer as well as the robot version.
- Prices range from $6.99 to $59.99.
- Hasbro plans to expand Kre-Os to its other brands eventually.
What do you think? Will you get some sets to play with? I’ll probably get one at least to try out the quality and playability before deciding if I would get more… of course, if it was LEGO Transformers, then there wouldn’t be any hesitation… alas… 😦 Oh well, more official set pics and prices from Tformers if you are interested. I actually think some of the sets look pretty good.
And how about the Dr Who range of LEGO compatible toys that I blogged about some time ago? I found a review of the Dr Who playsets by Active Dad and thought some of you (from UK?)might be interested to know more… after seeing more of the sets, I’ve to admit I’m no longer interested. LEGO still rocks for me. 😀
Source: http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=12902487 and pic from http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/toy-fair-2011-coverage-speed-stars-and-little-bit-of-everything-else/20812/